Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Crazy people

Oh hey! So just got done day 2 of 4 days in a row of working. I'm not gonna lie, i'm pooped already. But two days of overtime is well worth it.
The other thing that makes it worth it is the stories. So yesterday I had to do a 1:1 on a patient who has bipolar, ADHD, and basic behavioral issues. His drugs weren't mixing well with anesthesia he recently got for a routine procedure, so he's been hallucinating for the past few days. Needless to say, this happened during my time with him. It was half hilarious, half sad. He swore there was green large ants crawling around, snakes on the floor, an igloo on the parking garage outside the window,skydivers outside, and a man about to attack him in the room. He was freaking out. The sick part is that I went along with it. I told him the man was hiding behind the curtain (apparently I was wrong. no kidding.. I couldn't see him). So that was a fun day. Today the girl I had took 40 Benadryl yesterday and she was hallucinating too. Turns out though, I really like psych. It's interesting.

Other than that, I'm still excited for Saturday and my bday.

Ok that's all I can think of now.

Ps. hey Brittany! Thanks for looking at this blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment